If you want to see an image of strength... that's it!
Mila is simply amazing. We remain cautiously optimistic but she's doing very well. Here are the updated facts:
- She's feeding very well on her own, her feeding tube has been removed and she even gained weight last night
- Some of her other monitoring lines have been removed because her numbers remain stable
- They are removing her umbilical cord line today
- She's "graduating" out of her incubator and into an open crib today
- It appears they are leaning toward surgery within the next 1-2 months
- It appears the surgery will be on the less complicated end of the spectrum- the hole in heart is big (that's a good thing) and the placement is ideal so we're looking at a less complex surgery
- It appears the earliest we could be bringing her home is Monday!!@#$%^&*(*&^%$#!
Tonight- we may even get to hold her! We are simply beside ourselves. These are a lot of positives so things can change at any moment and we know that but for now we will celebrate what we know today and that's it. :)
Thank you for all the love and support...